We are looking for someone to takeover our Communications!
The Gilded Rabbit is a woman owned art supply and custom picture framing shop that started in January 2018. We pride ourselves on excellent and informative customer service, and do our best to help our customers with all their art troubleshooting needs. With a curated, and emphasis on Canadian-made products, we aim to have a wide range of products that meet the needs of both novice and experienced artists.
We are a small staff that balances a wide range of responsibilities. Each employee has a main job (in this case Communications), but everyone helps out with day to day responsibilities that can include assisting customers, answering the phone, and helping bring in orders. This position requires an individual who enjoys doing a wide range of tasks.
Hours of position are Monday to Thursday, 10am - 6pm.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Website maintenance
- Social Media posts (Instagram, Facebook, Google)
- Print Ad designs for local publications, business cards, and in-store advertising
- All staff help support customers with art material questions, recommend products, and process in person sales.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Degree or diploma in fine arts or equivalent experience
- Retail experience
- Website experience
- Social media marketing experience
- Basic skills in photography and video
- Self-motivation and attention to detail
- Strong organizational and multitask skills
- Ability to work independently
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience with Gmail, Google Drive, Google Ads, Instagram, Facebook, Adobe, and/or Lightspeed
- Flexibility with schedule an asset (ie able to cover vacation time of other employees, assist with peak times)
- A fun and positive attitude! We’re a small staff and need someone who will gel with the rest of us. We work hard, but like to have fun while doing it.
- Ability to carry up to 45lbs to help unload shipments as needed
- Ability to work in-store during scheduled hours
- Face masking is currently mandatory in-store for employees and customers. You will be required to enforce this
Additional tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting customers in-store and over the phone
- Pulling online orders for shipment or delivery
- Outreach to local art clubs/organizations
- Answering phone calls, emails, questions online
- Maintaining Inventory
Please include any relevant images or links of your work with your resumé.
Application deadline: April 1, 2023
Expected start date: April 26, 2023
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with RESUME in the Subject Line, or drop off your resume at The Gilded Rabbit Wednesdays to Saturdays and ask to speak to Marian.
Salary: $19/hr to start
Benefits: Store discount