Responsibilities and Duties
- All staff help support customers with art material questions, recommend products, and process in person sales.
- This position will also assist with website maintenance and communications.
- Approximately 25 hrs per week with a possibility of extra hours.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Degree or diploma in fine arts or equivalent experience
- Retail experience
- Website/Communications experience
- Self-motivation and attention to detail
- Responsibility - must be able to work with deadlines
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience with Gmail, Google Drive, Instagram, Facebook, Photoshop, and website maintenance
- Flexibility with schedule an asset (ie able to cover vacation time of other employees, assist with peak times)
- A fun and positive attitude! We’re a small staff and need someone who will gel with the rest of us. We work hard, but like to have fun while doing it.
- Ability to carry up to 45lbs to help unload shipments as needed
- Ability to work in-store during work hours
- Must follow mandatory Alberta COVID restrictions
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting customers in-store and over the phone
- Pulling online orders for shipment or delivery
- Updating website
- Social Media - Facebook and Instagram
- Creation of printed advertisements
- Outreach to local art clubs/organizations
- Answering phone calls, emails, questions online
- Maintaining Inventory
Application deadline: 2021-01-31
Expected start date: 2021-02-09
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with RESUME in the Subject Line.
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
Benefits: Store discount